About Brian Goldstein
Marriage & Family Therapist, MA, LMFT
I am a dedicated clinician that has worked in residential, outpatient, and private practice settings, which has given me a unique ability to offer support, compassion, valuable experience, and a healthy relationship where a client can heal and grow in a way that is personalized to them. My work focuses on providing therapeutic services to adolescent and adult individuals who struggle in areas including addiction, life transitions, anxiety, depression, and trauma. I am incredibly passionate about helping clients discover new things about themselves and move towards an embodied and authentic life.
My approach is empathic, attentive, and thoughtful. I focus on creating a safe space by establishing mutual respect and trust. The focus of my work is attachment-based, using an integrative approach consisting of dynamic psychotherapy, mindfulness, relational approaches, EMDR, and sensorimotor psychotherapy.
My focus is to work collaboratively with you and develop realistic goals that emphasize your strengths, increase awareness of how your past impacts your present, increase self-understanding, build self-compassion, and is conducive to your overall quality of life. Feel free to contact me with any questions, helpful information, or connect further.
- Years in Practice: 7 Years
- School: Pepperdine University
- Year Graduated: 2017
- License and State: 115776 California
Advanced Training + Specializations
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Complex Trauma & Dissociation
- Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing Therapy (EMDR)
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy
- Psychology Today
- Sensorimotor Psychotherapy Institute
- EMDR International Association (EMDRIA)
- California Association of Marriage and Family Therapists (CAMFT)
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- The International Institute for Trauma and Addiction Professionals (IITAP)